Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Quick ribs

calikingcaliking Posts: 6,947
Nothing too fancy. Niece and nephew are in town and they love bbq, ribs are their favorite. 

Spares from Costco. Rubbed and egged at 325ish. They were done a lot quicker than I expected - less than 2 hrs. FTC until dinnertime. Egg was still hot, so I sauced 1 rack with Blues Hog and another with Cattlemen's tangy gold sauce (given to me by a colleague). Saved 2 racks for later. The crowd loved em. I liked the Cattlemen's sauce. I usually think BH is too sweet by itself, and will cut it with BH Red, but today it was actually okay. Salad and mac n cheese for sides, but sorry - too hungry for pics :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looking good brudda! I really like that rub.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,734
    Jealous as all get out. I had a 8 year old birthday party today so no cooking today or tomorrow. Nice looking cook.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Ribs look great.  Love those Oakridge BBQ rubs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,417
    Do you flip the ribs since they're standing up?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,947
    henapple said:
    Do you flip the ribs since they're standing up?
    No. I rotated the whole contraption 180° (front to back) because I usually get a hot spot towards the back (hinge side). Other than that, no flipping or anything. I can't say that they were any different than ribs which I have cooked laying flat in the past. Rub did not drip off or anything.

Next time, I will try to lay 2 racks of STL cut ribs on top of the rib stand, so I can cook a total of 6 racks at one time. The racks on top may cook a little faster since they will be higher up in the dome.

·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    I can't believe they cooked so quick.. they look great though.. Lean the other two racks on the sides? might have to take a rib off each .. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,417
    @Caliking.. 2 hr cook, 1 scotch?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,417
    sounds about right. I cook them at 350 for 100 min's all the time. yours look good man
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    @henapple : under 2hrs... hence only 1 scotch. Got the second one while they were in the cooler. :) Oban 18 (love Islay single malts).

Felt pretty smug, because for once I had dinner done ahead of schedule!

·
    @TonyA - I was thinking of just draping them across the top of the rib stand. May even be able to fit 3 on top. 

·