Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Max number of ribs on XLBGE.

My brother is thinking about getting an Egg, but wants to know if he should get a L or XL. I have seen posters with 12 racks in a LBGE like mine, but have no idea how many can fit on a XL.
Any advise on how many can fit on a XL would be appreciated.
·

Comments

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,134
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Wow - ok I think 20 on a LBGE is a bit much. Taste and texture must be impacted when that many are done.
    Sending links to my brother. Thanks much!
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,134
    LOL, I think so too. But it is impressive though, eh?  :D
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Yes it is. I am tempted to experiment with my LBGE and see how it turns out :)
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Chef Wil says the 20 slabs turned out just fine.....
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,775
    Wow! And I thought I was brilliant for figuring out how to get 6 racks in a large egg.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 944
    Newbie here, but if he has to ask he should probable get a XL, I can put 6 racks of BB on my XL meat side up laying flat and cook some very good ribs. The 20 on the large in all honesty  didn't look like the best ribs/cook I have seen on this forum. Hey I like to eat and I bet I would have enjoyed those. 
    ·
  • Chef Wil says the 20 slabs turned out just fine.....

I am a newbie here, so will defer to experience until I can try it myself :)
    ·