Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Good idea?? We will see

So last evening, I took a whole roaster out of the freezer to do a beercan chicken this afternoon.  Time got away and it is now on and reached 120.  Seasoning consists of nothing more than the Lowery's seasoning that Sams Club sells which is what they use on their rotissery chickens.  (They sell it, I did not steal it)  As I was heading to the door to put the bird in, I decided to stop and plug the hole in the top of the bird to keep the steam from the Coors Light inside.  I took one of the peaches we bought at the store yesterday and cut in half an stuffed the hole.  So far so good.  We will see.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

Comments

• TMayTMay Posts: 87
    The Lawry's will be great, interested in how the peach with beer turns out...
    Rowlett, Texas
  • erniemcclainerniemcclain Posts: 374
    Me too.  I have a hard time posting pics on here but I do have one when it went on.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• erniemcclainerniemcclain Posts: 374
    Well, it turned out ok.  The bird was at the last sale date when we bought it.  It has spent the last few months in the freezer.  Nothing fabulous.  It just didnt have much flavor.  No sign of the peach flavor.  Oh well.  You can't hit a home run every time.  It was dinner and that is that. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska