This weekend was a bit much even for me. I promised my staff that I'd cook for the office summer bbq and I also promised my mother that I'd cook all the meat for my Aunt's party this weekend. Thus began my version of epic meal time. Here is the rundown:
Round 1 - Staff BBQ:
- Two 9 pound pork butts, 18 hours on the egg.
- 24 chicken thighs, brined over night and basted with soy sauce and mirin when they were cooked indirect at 400 degrees.
- 36 sliders, Korean slider recipe.
Round 2 - Aunt's Party:
- One 9 pound brisket, rubbed with S&P, smoked for 6 hours at 250 degrees on the egg, then braised in the oven over mirepoix, a bottle of red wine and beef broth for 3 hours at 350 degree.
- 20 bratwursts, smoked for an hour 1/2 at 250 degrees.
- 24 chicken thighs, brined over night, then cover in Tony Chacheres seasoning and cooked indirectly for an hour at 400 degrees on the egg.
I'm a little worn out, but a promise is a promise and I had to show off both my BBQ skills and the versatility if my XL BGE. Lord knows I'll be sleeping well tonight. Here are some pics.