Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

48 chicken thighs, 20 bratwursts, 2 pork butts, and 1 brisket, epic meal time!

Options
Mud Pig
Mud Pig Posts: 489
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
This weekend was a bit much even for me. I promised my staff that I'd cook for the office summer bbq and I also promised my mother that I'd cook all the meat for my Aunt's party this weekend. Thus began my version of epic meal time. Here is the rundown:

Round 1 - Staff BBQ:
- Two 9 pound pork butts, 18 hours on the egg.
- 24 chicken thighs, brined over night and basted with soy sauce and mirin when they were cooked indirect at 400 degrees.
- 36 sliders, Korean slider recipe.

Round 2 - Aunt's Party:
- One 9 pound brisket, rubbed with S&P, smoked for 6 hours at 250 degrees on the egg, then braised in the oven over mirepoix, a bottle of red wine and beef broth for 3 hours at 350 degree.
- 20 bratwursts, smoked for an hour 1/2 at 250 degrees.
- 24 chicken thighs, brined over night, then cover in Tony Chacheres seasoning and cooked indirectly for an hour at 400 degrees on the egg.

I'm a little worn out, but a promise is a promise and I had to show off both my BBQ skills and the versatility if my XL BGE. Lord knows I'll be sleeping well tonight. Here are some pics.

MP

Comments