Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ninja blender

As you can tell.. It's about midnight and a ninja infomercial popped on. Does anybody have one? They got really good reviews on amazon and best buy. I'm looking at the bl770 series.
·

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 368
    I don't have one but want it super bad. Looks as close as you could get to commercial grade without the sticker shock.
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    Yeah. My wife has been wanting a vitamix forever. We both make smoothies everyday so having individual cups that the smoothie blends in is a huge plus.i, curious about the lifespan of the plastic container to see if it has any flaws being that of plastic. So hopefully someone will chime in
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,661
    Blendtec 5 yrs and counting. I wouldn't buy the ninja, if you will use it daily get the best.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    photo 20130727_190609_zpscd5df91c.jpg
    ·
    Just sayin ........
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I'm already a trained ninja so no need for me.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182
    edited July 2013
    We have one -- our second. The first was replaced at no cost after something broke. I honestly don't remember what broke and I'm not waking SWMBO to confirm. Something makes me want to say it had to do with the lid. Maybe a later post for that. Anyway, Bed Bath and Beyond replaced it with no fuss.

It works very well. The wife uses it at least 4 times a week to make smoothies with both fresh and frozen fruit/veggies. The motor and blades have never put up a fuss from all the junk we put in there.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,845
    The new vitamix 6300 has a smoothie setting where you hit the button once and it runs through a program so you don't have to run through the speeds. its really handy takes about 45 seconds and it will make anything smooth liquid. I put dried dates in my protein smoothies and they disappear.
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 258
    We have one and really like it. We got the one with different size blades and containers. Love it. Very cheap for the quality. Understand the Vitamix issue, but very expensive for me
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • pirates21pirates21 Posts: 63
    Had the same questions myself. After much research, I bit the bullet and bought a Vitamix. Would strongly recommend you do the same. You will burn through a bunch of lesser quality blenders while the vitamix keeps going. Saves money in the long run. The thing is a beast!
    Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith
    ·
    pirates21 said:
    Had the same questions myself. After much research, I bit the bullet and bought a Vitamix. Would strongly recommend you do the same. You will burn through a bunch of lesser quality blenders while the vitamix keeps going. Saves money in the long run. The thing is a beast!
    Yes, this is the same mentality many of us when buying a BGE .... I can't say it any better.
    ·
  • I found Target had the best price. We use ours to make a lot of smoothes.
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    Does the vitamin have single serve smoothie cups?
    ·
  • tactical_66tactical_66 Posts: 197
    We have a Vitamix and it is great.
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,743
    We have the Ninja, I haven't used it myself but the wiff really likes it. We bought it mainly for frozen adult beverages and it work great. Fast and easy. It gets used a lot on Fri and Sat evenings, matter of fact she is making us some Brown Ladies right now.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,581
    We like ours
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    We have it and like it but we still do more juicing than blending. Breville Juicer.
    ·
  • HotwingkingHotwingking Posts: 183
    We have a Blendtec and love it, highly recommended.
    ·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 683
    Have the Ninja and it has been great.  Use it for frozen cocktails, smoothies and protein shakes mainly.  Got it at BB&Beyond with a 20% off printable coupon.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • TMayTMay Posts: 87
    Vitamix is awesome, I don't use mine enough, but when I do it works great...
    Rowlett, Texas
    ·
  • msloanmsloan Posts: 264
    we have one and love it!
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
    ·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    By the viatmix and never buy another blender again. I've been using mine daily for about 6 years now and not a single problem.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 1,980
    edited August 2013
    plus one on the Ninja.  Wife uses it at least once a day.  We burned out a Cuisinart just past the warranty and then went Ninja.   Been blending the #$%$@% out of everything ever since.   Really like it!  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
    ·
  • We ended up getting the bl770. The mixing bowl of it... Broke already while cutting up some beans... Their customer service is great though. Already got another one on the way... Hopefully it just broke from mistreatment at best buy
    ·
  • vitamix

·