Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Quick Brisket Help Please

I am 14 hours into a cook on a 16 pound whole brisket indirect at 235.  The thickest part of the flat is at 195 and the point and that thick part of the flat are super tender, however, the thinner part of the flat is still quite firm, should I pull now and ftc or should I continue to let the brisket move towards 200-205 and see if the thinner part will get more tender?
·

Comments

• exspoexspo Posts: 51
    I'd suggest going to 200 and FTC for 1-2 hrs
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 258
    +1 @exspo
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 904
    Sounds like a good problem to have. If it were me (and believe me, I wish it was) I'd strongly consider pulling it. If cut off the thin part of the flat and wrap the rest for a rest. Then I'd cube up the thin part that's not tender yet and make some burnt ends. 

Hope it turns out great either way.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,715
    Who is this Travis impostor asking about brisket? Travis would never ask about brisket. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,715
    I'd take it off and eat. It sounds like you are good. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·