Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Smoked Salmon

Options
Did a hot smoked salmon.  Placed the fillet on a cooking cooling rack nested in a cookie sheet, applied homemade sweet rub liberally and refrigerated uncovered overnight.  While the Egg stabilized in the 180's I pulled the fillet and used my finger to scrap off excess rub.  Put it in the oak smoke and held temp at 183 for 45 minutes, glad I checked because it was just under 130 internal.  Tented loosely and into the fridge to cool.  I will post plated pics when it is cool.  We serve on crackers with cream cheese and cucumber.

Check out how much liquid came off in the night.

Note, sometimes we marinate, and that generally takes twice as long to come to internal temp.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments