Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Traditional turkey

Trying a 12 lb butterball on the LBGE today. I wanted to try a comparison with an oven roasted thanksgiving bird, so I just brined it in apple juice and chicken broth, sprayed with Pam and a little Lawrys seasoned salt. Sticking with 325 dome for 4-6 hours. The next bird will be spatchcocked, mustard and rub.

• BobsBGEBobsBGE Posts: 99
    I can't wait until Thanksgiving to try a turkey.  My family only eats turkey on certain holidays so I don't get a chance to cook them often.  Let us know how it turns out and pictures would be great.
    Fayetteville, Ga
  • bakoquebakoque Posts: 39
    Did two 12# turkeys on my XL last Thanksgiving. Brined, cooked at 350º to 160º breast IT.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,521
    edited July 2013
    @williamadamsesq I spatchcock turkeys a lot and never used mustard. In fact your the first I have seen it. Might be good, please tell. @BobsBGE try just turkey legs. Do this all the. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• I should have used my maverick to monitor the temp more closely. Turned out pretty good, but probably left on about 45 min too long.
    image.jpg 1021.3K
    image.jpg 867.6K
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 558
    I prefer just the breasts.  Took 'er off at 162, cooked at 350.

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA