Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

a possible new convert

A friend of mine heard about our eggs, and wanted a demo, so tonight was the night. Did twice baked potatoes and some nice thick steaks with asparagus on the large. 6 steaks 3 were a little thinner. Threw the thicker ones on first and then about 3 minutes later on went the thinner one. Use the extended grill and had the potatoes on top. Everything was going good, but I pulled the steaks just a tad bit late, the guys wanted their's medium rare, gals wanted a bit more done. I would like to know at what temp do you pull for med rare, I am thinking about 125-130. It just seem like towards the end of the cook the internal temps rose real quick and I went over on the temp I wanted to pull them at. It was a little nerve racking trying to get everyone's steak done right. Used the thermopen, but like I said it seemed like the internal temps took off toward the end of the cook. Everyone liked it, just wanted to have more of a handle on how to cook steaks with different requests for doneness. Any tips on how to accomplish that will be greatly appreciated. After that meal, we visited for a while and then showed my friend how I light the small, did indirect wings with 3 different flavours, those turned out real well. All and all it was a great night and was a ton of fun. Just need to find out how y"all time the different internal temps. Sorry no time for pics tonight. We may have another egghead soon. Wahoo!
TIA

Comments