Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BEEF Something

Is it just me or does the caveman in you come out and you want to cook the biggest piece of meat that you can. For some reason, maybe its because I have done so many butts prior to purchasing the egg, I want to cook the biggest piece of beef that the egg will accommodate. Is it just me or are there others out there that feel this way. I have a family of three but feel; compelled to cook monster cuts of beef, looking to settle my need, any recipes would be appreciated!
LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,289
    I threw on a twelve pound brisket today just because I felt the same way!
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,897

Aquacop, I felt the same way recently and did a bone-in ribeye roast that I subsequently cut into "individual" 2.7 pound steaks.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,689
    Do pepper stout beef. Not the biggest ever but will cure your beef fix and you get to inject guiness.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,810
    edited July 2013

Nothing makes me happier than a 16+ lb. chunk of beef clod...

Packerland, Wisconsin

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,638
    I'm grilling the last of my 4-oz pork loin steaks from Omaha Steaks today.  
    Maybe I have low "T".  
    Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  
    Ogden, Utard.