Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

"Travis" style flat with BuckeyeBob influence

Here's the finished product.  8.5# flat in rib rack at about 250 dome for 4.5 hours to 160.  Placed directly into pan of beer/beef broth/red onion and kicked dome up to 325 until about 195-200 which was approx 11-11.5 hours total cook time.  Turned out very tender and much better smoke ring and bark than I had anticipated.  Used a different homemade rub than either of the guys mentioned and the juice mixed with bottled sauce was a great idea. 
XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

Comments

• SpringramSpringram Posts: 423
    Have used the Travis method on flats before and love the results. You idea sounds very interesting and i think I will have to give it try. Great looking brisket.

Springram
    Spring , Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 651
    Looks awesome and glad I could help. I think it's the only way to consistently cook a flat.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • hoofalooshoofaloos Posts: 134
    My packer experience has been hit and miss.  This was at the level with or better than my hits.
    XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX