Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE table suggestions

Options
I'm looking to have a table built and I'm looking for suggestions. I have three giant slabs of white oak from the Biltmore Estate that I'd like to use for the surface, but I'm very flexible on what the table looks like after that. Has anyone had any success stories on getting a table built? I'm in the DC area now and I'd love some suggestions on people that can build tables. On size, my only requirement is that I'd like for the large BGE cover to fit whatever table gets built. Suggestions welcome.

Comments

• corkdork
    corkdork Posts: 8
    Options

I am currently getting all my ducks in a row to build my own table for a new large and a mini.  Regarding the cover, check out these guys:  http://www.the-cover-store.com/

They have a cover for almost anything and their customer service is top notch.  This way you can design the table that suites your work flow needs and know there is a cover to match.

I am going to repurpose 1.25" red oak from a 30 year old waterbed frame and augment with some new stock oak.  I'll post pictures as I go.

Good Luck.

Glass half full vs glass half empty - either way we need to open another bottle!

Big and Mini Eggs, Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis 330

In heaven all the interesting people are missing. -  Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    When I made my table, I wanted it to look different from all the others. I decided to let my egg sit in the middle of the table instead of the end. I made my firebricks flush with the wood too. I thought that the bricks sticking above it looked tacky. Here's how it turned out.
    NW IOWA
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    You might look through here for some ideas:  Table Gallery
    The Naked Whiz
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    There are table builders all over craigslist... Might get several bids...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN