Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baby Back Rib Question

I am going to smoke 3 racks of baby backs this weekend , I have done the 3 2 1 method and they were awesome this time I have to take them an hour away to my father- in- laws and I'm not sure how to make them taste as good as last time . Should I under cook them , put them in foil and into a cooler for the trip ?
·

Comments

• ronthorontho Posts: 109
    personally i would cook as usual and ftc them.
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 565
    rontho said:
    personally i would cook as usual and ftc them.

+ 1
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,911
    +2 I'd cook them how you like them and foil them to the cooler. Maybe leave one rack without sauce so those that want to apply sauce themselves can.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,135
    You have your answers, cook em until done, FTC and travel and enjoy!
    A little early off the grill will not hurt as they will cook a little in the FTC mode. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I will pile on and say "cook them zackly like you did before".  The FTC will hold them and if anything it will tenderize them even more.
    ·
  • My parents live 2 hours away.  I have always double foiled my ribs and then wrap them in towels and put them in a cooler.  They are always still hot when we get there. Slice them when we get ready to eat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • tech284tech284 Posts: 34
    Thank You everyone for the help .
    ·
  • BBQJDUBBBQJDUB Posts: 43
    Thanks as well!  First time cook w/ St. Louis cut ribs.  I'm trying 3-2-1 but I'm doing 3-2, then FTC for about an hour until family gets here, then I'll put em back on to sauce.  That downtime will allow me to grill some corn for a bit though!  

Thanks for the advice!

bbqjdub
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
    ·