Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Photo Cook - ABT's

Options
Hibby
Hibby Posts: 606
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Not my first time making ABT's but first time on the egg. Cut the jalapeños into split boats and then with a pearing knife cut the stem section out. Mixed cream cheese, chipotle powder, Dizzy Dust, Pre-mix grocery chain "shredded Mexican cheese", and a liberal amount of honey. I personally like a good mix of savory and sweet and honey never disappoints. I loaded the boats up with the cream cheese filling and then split Lil' Smokies in half and laid them on the cream cheese. I took center cut bacon and wrapped each boat with a whole slice of bacon(bacon left out to warm up so its easier to pull apart). Half of the ABT's got dusted with Dizzy Dust and the other half with Pineapple Head. Started the coals and waited until temp got to 200. Installed Digi-Q and set it for 300 grid temp. When it was ready, I put them on. Dizzy dust on bottom and pineapple head on top. 60 minutes later I pulled them off the grill. Delicious.
I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio

Comments