Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Photo Cook - ABT's

HibbyHibby Posts: 456
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Not my first time making ABT's but first time on the egg. Cut the jalapeños into split boats and then with a pearing knife cut the stem section out. Mixed cream cheese, chipotle powder, Dizzy Dust, Pre-mix grocery chain "shredded Mexican cheese", and a liberal amount of honey. I personally like a good mix of savory and sweet and honey never disappoints. I loaded the boats up with the cream cheese filling and then split Lil' Smokies in half and laid them on the cream cheese. I took center cut bacon and wrapped each boat with a whole slice of bacon(bacon left out to warm up so its easier to pull apart). Half of the ABT's got dusted with Dizzy Dust and the other half with Pineapple Head. Started the coals and waited until temp got to 200. Installed Digi-Q and set it for 300 grid temp. When it was ready, I put them on. Dizzy dust on bottom and pineapple head on top. 60 minutes later I pulled them off the grill. Delicious.
Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
image.jpg 125K
image.jpg 163.1K
image.jpg 148.3K
image.jpg 126.4K
image.jpg 118.7K
image.jpg 122.9K
image.jpg 128.7K
image.jpg 140K
image.jpg 153.6K
image.jpg 97.3K
image.jpg 122.8K
image.jpg 188.9K
image.jpg 168.9K
image.jpg 134.7K
image.jpg 167.5K
image.jpg 168.6K
·

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,143
    That is one pile of ABTs.......Still a favourite around our house. If you like them with a bit more zip, try chorizo instead of the l'il smokies. Looks really good. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    Nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • DubbsBBQDubbsBBQ Posts: 23
    They look great! Nice job. Do you cook them direct? Every time I try and cook ABT's direct, I burn the bottoms....even when I get them way up in then dome with my AR. What am I doing wrong? Yours look fantastic.
    XL, LG, mini (soon)
    ·
  • What does ABT stand for?
    Bronxville, New York. XLBGE, MBGE
    ·
  • RV10FlyerRV10Flyer Posts: 135
    What does ABT stand for?

Atomic Buffalo Turds, appetizing name.

North Texas

XL BGE

·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 456
    Not direct. There's a platesetter directly under the swing grate.
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • DubbsBBQDubbsBBQ Posts: 23
    Got it. Thanks.
    XL, LG, mini (soon)
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,666
    Nice post, nicer cook!

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • HwkfanHwkfan Posts: 8
    Nice cook.
    ·
  • BobsBGEBobsBGE Posts: 99
    Those look fantastic.  I might give them a try tonight.  Or maybe I could just come over to your house for dinner.
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·