Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you reading right now?

Comments

• bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Just finished "And The Mountains Echoed".  Really excellent book.  Meanwhile, I've been laboring through "Les Miserables" for some time.  It's somewhere around 1300 pages, each with ridiculously small print.  It's one of those books I've been meaning to read for a long time, but never got around to it.  Really good but quite an undertaking.
    Southern California
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited July 2013
    Just finished BBQ bible for the third time. I am also reading The Blood Gospel by James Rollins. I switched from Dean R Koontz.  

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• HNL
    HNL Posts: 31
    Just finished Stephen King's Joyland, enjoyed that.  Now starting on The Audacity of Hops - history of American Craft beer.  Recently read...

Darker than Night - true story about a murder in Northern MI
    Blood Meridian - Cormac McCarthy
    World War Z
    A Splendid Exchange - history of world trade
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    I read Yertle the Turtle or the Lorax pretty much every night. My little guy demands most of my other free time for play.

"Yertle the Turtle" was a standard for my kids. If you tell the kids stories every night, they will soon move to reading on their own, at least in my experience.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Just now, on paper, O. Sacks "The Minds Eye."

Via d-load, U. Grant's memoirs and A Dr. G. F. Shrady's "Grants's last days."
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

I'm a WWII history nut also.  Loved "Unbroken", great story of survival.  Now reading Rick Atkinson's "An Army At Dawn" , about the North African campaign, '42-'43.  It's the first book in a trilogy, second is "Day Of Battle", dealing with the invasions of Sicily and Italy, '43-'44.

I have that on the shelf now.  The third book is just in the process of being released, it will cover the Normandy invasion to Germany's surrender.   It's just nice to read about wars that we won.

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Almost done with "Speaking From Among the Bones: A Flavia de Luce Novel".   5th book in the series about an 11 year old savant girl in post WWII England who is an accomplished chemist and solves crimes.
    Nola, you got me hooked on Flavia de Luce!  Had never heard of the books until your post, but I am now on my 2nd on the Nook app!
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
  • Beagle1
    Beagle1 Posts: 37
    Coolidge by Amity Shlaes - highly recommended if you like American history and bios on former presidents
    Atlanta, GA and Watts Bar Lake, TN
    2 LBGEs
  • My daughter's current favorite is "Put Me In The Zoo," by Robert Lopshire.  

I've been reading the entirety of Stephen King's Dark Tower series (in chronological, not release, order) since January.  I'm on "The Wind Through The Keyhole," which is like book 4.5 (released last, meant to fit between books 4 and 5 in the series).  When I was a kid, I could plow through a book on a rainy summer day.  Now, I'm lucky to get in a few dozen pages a night, which means that King's thousand-page monstrosities take some time.

My wife just finished up Emma Donoghue's "Room."

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    I'm just starting to learn how to fly fish, so, naturally, I'm reading A River Runs Through It. :D
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Amazon pushed up the delivery date on lang's serious barbecue. I get it tomorrow can't wait.
  • CTSmoker
    CTSmoker Posts: 19
    "Light of the World", another great read from James Lee Burke.  I just finished "The English Girl" by Daniel Slva, I was not disappointed!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    "What Man is This"... John Ortberg
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited July 2013
    @nolaegghead. You best not be screwing with us on these. Just order number 1 for the iPad. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery (Flavia de Luce Mysteries) [Paperback] Alan Bradley (Author)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Just finished Divergent. So now I'm reading the sequel Insurgent. I'm also reading Everything is Perfect When You're a Liar.
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    For those who haven't I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend A Quiet Place of Violence by Allen Morris Jones. Seriously, read it. And for people who are fan of war books Killer Angels is a good read. Civil war based book.
    Boom
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    GOD IS NOT GOOD. (How religion poisons everything) by Christopher Hitchens. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • FanOfFanboys

sounds like something I should read
    Boom
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, and listening to Shogun on my drive into work.  Just finished Once an Eagle.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    My iPad library has Vince Flynn, John Grisham, John Sanford, brad Thor and Lee Child. David Baldacci and James Patterson. Pretty much my "go to" guys.
    Let me suggest the Liam Devlin and Sean Dillon series.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    edited July 2013
    oops

• Doc_Eggerton
    The Japanese Grill, by Tadahi Ono
    So desu ka

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Mickey said:
    @nolaegghead. You best not be screwing with us on these. Just order number 1 for the iPad. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery (Flavia de Luce Mysteries) [Paperback] Alan Bradley (Author)
    Those are great books.  Mickey, I read a lot.  I have many recommendations, I just happen to be reading the latest book in this series....I pre-order them before they're released (I like them that much).  They magically show up, and I read them. 

I'll post a list of books I like if anyone is interested.  Some are obscure.  A quick recommendation (and it's a first and only book so far) is "The Rook".  Read the first page (Amazon) and you'll want to read it.  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10836728-the-rook

http://www.amazon.com/The-Rook-Novel-Daniel-OMalley/dp/0316098809#reader_0316098809
    Just finished reading that ridiculous post about the geese. Can't stop laughing.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    The Pale Horseman. Second in the series by Cornwell. Saxons vs Danes in England. Very good.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Timba
    Timba Posts: 34
    Stephen King. Under The Dome
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

I'm downloading that today.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Great book, was reading on a 3 hour flight last year and the kind woman sitting next to me was reading the Bible, at the end of the flight I had to stop of at the airport bar and get a few Tuaca shots to calm me down.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• FanOfFanboys

just downloaded digital copy. In middle of two other books but will read soon. And again, I think people on this forum would like A Quiet Place of Violence. It's an ethics book, philosophically speaking, about mans place in the natural circle of life.
    Boom