Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some Recent Cooks

Options
Acn
Acn Posts: 4,424
Just a few cooks over the past couple of weeks, first salmon, 2 of those pieces had only salt and pepper, one had salt, pepper and fresh dill, and the last one had Crabby Dirt. Cooked with some alder chips dropped on the coals, with some green beans in a CI skillet.imageimage

Next up were boneless chicken breast, one with Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub, one with brown dog rib-a rub, and some yellow squash spears and thick sliced vidalia onion.

Next up; straight sausage and peppers, and (perhaps my first) an actual plated photo! Served with field peas.

Next, some simple chicken pieces with sweet potatoes.

Finally, thick cut, bone in pork chops, with broccoli in the CI skillet.

Tonight, the egg wasn't used for dinner, but will probably have its first brisket thrown on around 11. That'll probably get its own thread later.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I like the way you cooked the peppers. Looks great.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    Great cooks. And keep us posted on the brisket progress. At least three of us put one on tonight.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Great cooks. And keep us posted on the brisket progress. At least three of us put one on tonight.

Thanks! Brisket = fail, and pretty spectacular. Put it on at 11 last night, temp had stabilized about 280. Got up this morning at 5:30, egg had crept to 370 or so, brisket was around 210 and there was some pretty thick burnt ends.

FTC'd, I'll get out a NY strip to grill up for dinner and I'll see what I can salvage from the brisket at lunch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    How long did you cook the broccoli underneath the pork chops? No problem with the drippings?

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • mgoblue0484
    mgoblue0484 Posts: 148
    Options
    What did you use to geri-rig your top grate. I was looking to do something similar

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

• Acn
    Options
    GQuiz said:

How long did you cook the broccoli underneath the pork chops? No problem with the drippings?

The broccoli took about 25 minutes, I didn't really worry about pork drippings, I had started that a couple of minutes earlier, so it had a bit of color on the bottom, and I did a reverse sear with it, so it came off 5-7 minutes before the broccoli, and the broccoli finished as the egg bumped up to 500+ degrees.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Options

What did you use to geri-rig your top grate. I was looking to do something similar

We did a group buy for that a couple of months ago, if you search the forum you should find the manufacturer.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD