Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egg Wanna-be

First time poster and am well overdue to purchase an egg! Looking for a little purchasing advice. Many of you recommend eggfests for a purchase but the closest one to me is Pensacola and I don't think I will get there. Would love some advice as to where to buy a lge near New Orleans and what is a fair price to pay.
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    Welcome to our little part of the world.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 235
    Easiest way to do it is do a dealer search for one in your area. Call them up and see what the prices are. I called 3 or 4 and found one that discounted them 50 bucks over the others.
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    edited July 2013
    Nolarooster you need to look up nolaegghead if he can I am sure he will help you.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • BobsBGEBobsBGE Posts: 99
    Keep an eye on Craigslist in the New Orleans and other surrounding areas.  I just bought a large that was in excellent condition for $260 while vacationing in Gulf Shores.  I checked the Mobile Craigslist for that one.
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,813
    @Nola will be here soon
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,483
    I sent some info via PM.

We bought our large from number 2 on this list - no service complaints - they gave us a new plate setter when the old one broke no questions asked:

http://www.biggreenegg.com/locator/results_list.php?zip=70114&distance=50&state=LA&showonly=US&tab=US

·
  • New rig..as of December...Loving it every day!!
    BGE.JPG 1.2M
    ·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,086
    edited January 2014
    I sent some info via PM.

We bought our large from number 2 on this list - no service complaints - they gave us a new plate setter when the old one broke no questions asked:

http://www.biggreenegg.com/locator/results_list.php?zip=70114&distance=50&state=LA&showonly=US&tab=US

Bought mine at the same place.  Good eggessories selection as well.
    NOLA
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,534
    Sweet, welcome to the club/cult!
    canuckland
    ·
  • dldawes1dldawes1 Posts: 1,091

@NOLAROOSTER......Welcome , just got mine in Dec aftr Christmas. Love my BGE !!

Be down your way FEB1 for cruise to Bahamas. Heven't figured out how to take my egg with me.  Looking forward to Brazillian steakhouse in Cocoa Beach to hold me over till I get home !!!!!

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - Carrollton, KY  

1-XLBGE, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

IF IT AIN'T MOVIN', SMOKE IT !!!!!

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 766
    edited January 2014

You might want to check this out. http://gulfport.craigslist.org/app/4295826800.html

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·