Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dear Diary

Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,705
edited July 2013 in Off Topic
Dear Diary, Tonight I cooked some of the best fajitas that I have made yet, but I forgot to take pics because I was also keeping an eye on my granddaughter making sure she didn't touch the hot egg. I can't post about the fajitas because no-one will believe me because if there isn't pics it didn't happen!! What should I do?

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Grand daughter safety comes first. Cook Em again and post pics.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,912
    Either that or get the grand-daughter some shoulder length welding gauntlets to wear while the egg is fired up so you can snap away

:)
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,705
    @Hapster- she is16 months old and has had my gloves on while holding my tongs. She fears nothing. She did eat some of the chicken and steak but I gave her green beans instead of the onions and peppers. She is definitely Poppy's girl!!!

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Grand Daughter insists on wearing a hat and gloves when playing with a balloon, "For Safety"!  Makes me wear them too (oven mitts and a hat - thought I had a pic but can't find it).  She is real good about staying away from the hot Egg.  
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,037
    All us Grandpas think the same and those that don't have that blessing yet just don't get it - the kids come first, you don't need pics if you were keeping the wee one safe....Glad the Fa-Jeep-Eees turned out well. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    edited July 2013
    We bought Payten some building blocks and she is having a blast with them

·
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 235
    Umm Henderson isn't too far. I would have vouched for you :)
    Southern Indiana
    ·
    I just forgot to call

·
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 235
    @mattman3969 I don't know if you care or not but there is a BGE cooking demo today @ Gordons hardware in Owensboro. Today only all accessories are 25% off. It runs from 11-1.
    Southern Indiana
    ·
    Thanks for the heads up

·