Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big cook tonight & tomorrow

Options
I was feeling foolishly confident, so we invited 5 other couples and their kids over tomorrow afternoon. I just put three 7.5lb butts on for overnight, and will FTC when they're done and put on two racks of baby backs-Kroger didn't have St Louis style ribs today. Haven't tried baby backs yet, but lets see what happens!!
It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'

Comments

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Looks like the start of a fun night and a great feast tomorrow! Enjoy the cook and the chow!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Dragonwmatches
    Options
    6am rolled over all was well - grid 265 IT 172. 8am rolled over, grid 182 IT 165. Started oven to 250, put the butts in there and restocked fuel. This is the second time I've had to refuel during pork butt low and slows. I thought I had plenty of lump in there-up to around the top of the fire box, not the ring. Should I had more? (Seems like the answer is yes!)
  • Dragonwmatches
    Options
    My best ribs yet-baby backs, and they weren't falling off the bone, the bone was nearly jumping out of the meat. I will probably go just short of the time I did this time because the bend test was actually a fall in half test! =P~ I did 3-2-0 because there was no real way of getting them back onto the grill after they fell out of the foil onto my prep tray. And unlike the first two tries at spares, I had much more heat-300 dome, 265 grid (previous tries were more like 245 dome, which might have been 200 grid).