Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calling for Help from Fellow Mini-Eggers

I am attempting to cook for my colleagues at work this week.  Nothing fancy.... just all-beef franks on the mini.  I am fairly new to this!  My husband has a large BGE, and every time I asked could I make some small dish on his egg he said, "You are using too much charcoal for something that small."   I think perhaps he just did not trust me with it.   So I took a gift card my colleagues gave me at work and applied it to a mini BGE. 

I am planning spiral-cut beef franks, homemade chili and homemade slaw.  I just need some advice... I have only done hot dogs on it one time.  What is the best way to cook them?  What temperature?  Time?  Cooking at an office building outside... so any advice on how to make sure I can get the mini to the right temps would be appreciated as well.  I have a woo.  That is about all I have in regards to tools for it at this time other than the Amazon pizza stones.

All suggestions appreciated!

1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!

Comments

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    I've cooked dawgs many a time and never paid any attention to what temperatures were. Red embers, hot grey coals. All is good. Was hubby upset you circumvented him?
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited July 2013
    Minis Rule. Please don't over think it. Toss em on. We want pics please. This is with a Woo. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Thanks for the suggestions!  No, husband was not upset.  He likes that we have 2 eggs now.  Perhaps that was his motive all the time to get me to buy the mini?  I bought him the large last June for Father's Day. 

The photos look great, and the suggestions are much appreciated!  I will post photos later!
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Have fun cooking for the group.  Post pictures of the event.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    If you are going to be moving the mini around now and then, like office building, etc. you might look into an Egg Carten.   Sure makes transporting the mini a snap (plus a way to spend more $$).image
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon