Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Calling for Help from Fellow Mini-Eggers

I am attempting to cook for my colleagues at work this week.  Nothing fancy.... just all-beef franks on the mini.  I am fairly new to this!  My husband has a large BGE, and every time I asked could I make some small dish on his egg he said, "You are using too much charcoal for something that small."   I think perhaps he just did not trust me with it.   So I took a gift card my colleagues gave me at work and applied it to a mini BGE. 

I am planning spiral-cut beef franks, homemade chili and homemade slaw.  I just need some advice... I have only done hot dogs on it one time.  What is the best way to cook them?  What temperature?  Time?  Cooking at an office building outside... so any advice on how to make sure I can get the mini to the right temps would be appreciated as well.  I have a woo.  That is about all I have in regards to tools for it at this time other than the Amazon pizza stones.

All suggestions appreciated!

1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!

Comments