Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Dome vs Grid Temp

Got a flat going "Travis" style.  Digi Q is reading 250 and dome right around 200.  Does this sound right?  Something tells me that the dome is usually higher than the grid.  Perhaps I need to recalibrate my dome thermometer?
XLBGE- Anchorage, AK

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,513
    Presuming you are cooking indirect-is the Digi Q shielded from the direct heat of the lump...and I would check the calibration of any and all  thermos.  FWIW-
    Louisville
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,496
    I have the same issue.... try moving the BBQ probe somewhere else on the grid.The grid probe maybe in a hot spot? They might come together as the cook goes on.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • hoofalooshoofaloos Posts: 91
    The Digi Q wasn't near the edge- where direct heat got around the plate setter so I decided to check the BGE thermometer.  In boiling water, it was only reading about 175ish.  So I recalibrated that one and now Digi Q reading 245 and dome reading 280 which is kinda how I thought they should differ
    XLBGE- Anchorage, AK
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,251
    Yay.  Mystery solved.  I'll always trust a digital thermometer before an analog.