Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Freezing Packer Brisket?

I found Choice CAB packer brisket for $2.19 per pound.  That seems like a great price to me.  I'm wondering if it is OK to buy some extras and freeze them in the cryo packaging, and if so, for how long?  Would it affect the quality of the meat?
Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

Comments

• FlyingTivoFlyingTivo Posts: 341
    I have one frozen up for the last 4 weeks, im going to cook it this weekend. Will let you know or look for my post!

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • busmaniabusmania Posts: 307
    On that note, I have one in the fridge that says "sell by 7/25 (yesterday)".  I assume it will be good for another week? If not, I may freeze so ill be following this thread!
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,471
    I've had cryo packed briskets for over a year and they were fine.  Now pork is a different story.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    BOWHUNR said:
    I've had cryo packed briskets for over a year and they were fine.  Now pork is a different story.

Mike
    wow.  Frozen or thawed?
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,471
    Sorry forgot to put frozen in there.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    haha, that's what I figured.
  • busmania said:

On that note, I have one in the fridge that says "sell by 7/25 (yesterday)".  I assume it will be good for another week? If not, I may freeze so ill be following this thread!

That thing will be fine for a month if its in cryovac.

Little Rock, AR

• sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,029
    @TEggSun:  Is that in Austin?  great price!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • TEggSunTEggSun Posts: 214
    @sumoconnell, yes.  I was at the HEB on 620 and Anderson Mill this morning.  They didn't have them out, so I asked at the butcher counter.  Great looking meat.  The 6 or so that he brought out were between 10-13 pounds.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio