Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How addictive is the BGE

I find myself tonight with nothing to watch on tv(Rangers lost to the Yanks this afternoon). I just want to go on YouTube and watch BGE grilling/smoking videos. Is that sad, I doubt it. I bet there are others like me. Feel free to post any good videos.

Comments

• Though not BGE videos, Aaron franklins videos are great.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I'd rather watch A's highlights than BGE videos.
  • rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Right before I got my bge I spent every free moment watching bge videos. I really like Fred Bernardo's videos.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    I'm not addicted. I only have five bge's.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    It's so addictive that I had to get my shrink to prescribe me 20 Xanax just to leave my egg area to go to the bathroom.  On a 1-10 scale, it's an 11.  If you like to eat food (many people do), then it's way more addictive than say, a hunger strike.  But I digress.  It's not the egg so much as it is the crowd it attracts, and many of that crowd are on this forum.  (layin' it on pretty heavy here, queue dramatic music).  But troof.  Troof peoplez.
    More addictive than purple drank...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Not as addictive as you think if you're still watching baseball.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited July 2013
    It's just a grill, and it attracts unsavory characters, such as Salado used car salesmen, cavemen from Michigan, outlaw bikers from Houston, migrant gypsies from Memphis, and bordello owners from New Orleans .... a disgusting array of vermin. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• I just worked a seven night stretch....12 hour shifts. I am pretty sure I was suffering withdrawals.....
  • Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800

Addicting for me as I love the process as much as the food that comes from it. Friends and family love my chow but I really don't think they care two wits about what medium it came from. If I have people over that love to cook (grill) too, they gravitate to the BGE. Otherwise, they are busy waiting for the chow and drinkin' my vino.

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I would love to use mine more but my time just doesn't allow it sometimes. It does get used every weekend for one thing or another. I do read here a lot and get interesting ideas to try on the EGG, just not enough hours in a day to do them all.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I use mine at least 5 nights a week. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Whenever I'm home I cook... Now, usually the entire meal. It's therapeutic... The alcohol i mean... And tthe egg is ok too.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN