Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Serious issue with egg and Thermapen

Options
2»

Comments

• SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Options
    Forget it buddy.  If they don't like the food you cook on the Egg they are lost.  Some people just don't like the smoke or grilled taste.  To them chicken and pork chops are supposed to be dry and tasteless.  Feed them PB&J and forget about it.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • foneman
    foneman Posts: 104
    Options
    I agree with everything Sam said!!! It is not worth the effort trying to satisfy someone that has their mind made up before you start. Cook for yourself and those that DO like it and to hell with the rest!!! 
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    next time your wife cooks in the oven complain about the dryness, texture, and lack of flavor
    :))

:> that was awesome.

I have had relatives that like their steaks well done and they have turned up their noses of the thought of medium rare. Got them to a point where I asked them just to give it a try and see what they thought of it. Told them I would throw their steak back unto the grill and burn it for them, if they didn't like it. Well at the end of the meal there wasn't any medium rare steaks left, Converted them. Way more flavourful and juicy was the comment from them.

Large, small, and a mini
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    Options
    They will convert eventually! My wife liked medium well to start with, but now its 123-126º Trex method. I eventually have friends over when doing a Prime rib and some of the wives ask me to sear their prime rib to well done. Hurts like hell to see a good piece of meat being killed, but i turn a blind eye and keep cutting the rest of the prime rib.

How would you feel killing one of this??????

Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

Just wouldn't have the heart to do it.

:((
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    When I do prime rib I cook Rare to Medium Rare and have a skillet on the stove with Au Jus simmering. I slice and plate in the kitchen and simmer the slices for those who want well done. A minute or 2 in the simmering Au Jus will get rid of the red or pink meat and everybody is happy!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Options
    I had my wife by the first cook. She would rather have me cook at home either on the Egg or in the house then go out. I guess I crated a monster.