Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How addictive is the BGE

I find myself tonight with nothing to watch on tv(Rangers lost to the Yanks this afternoon). I just want to go on YouTube and watch BGE grilling/smoking videos. Is that sad, I doubt it. I bet there are others like me. Feel free to post any good videos.
·

Comments

• Though not BGE videos, Aaron franklins videos are great.
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,980
    I'd rather watch A's highlights than BGE videos.
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Right before I got my bge I spent every free moment watching bge videos. I really like Fred Bernardo's videos.
    ·
  • I'm not addicted. I only have five bge's.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,262
    It's so addictive that I had to get my shrink to prescribe me 20 Xanax just to leave my egg area to go to the bathroom.  On a 1-10 scale, it's an 11.  If you like to eat food (many people do), then it's way more addictive than say, a hunger strike.  But I digress.  It's not the egg so much as it is the crowd it attracts, and many of that crowd are on this forum.  (layin' it on pretty heavy here, queue dramatic music).  But troof.  Troof peoplez.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,431
    More addictive than purple drank...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Not as addictive as you think if you're still watching baseball.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited July 2013
    It's just a grill, and it attracts unsavory characters, such as Salado used car salesmen, cavemen from Michigan, outlaw bikers from Houston, migrant gypsies from Memphis, and bordello owners from New Orleans .... a disgusting array of vermin. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • I just worked a seven night stretch....12 hour shifts. I am pretty sure I was suffering withdrawals.....
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    I think it can be pretty addicting. For me, it's a great use for smoking and keeping the heat outside instead of inside. It keeps some foods more moist then any other way of cooking. With that being said, I still use cooking gadgets in my house and usually the egg gets used 1-2x per week
    ·
  • Cymbaline65Cymbaline65 Posts: 799

Addicting for me as I love the process as much as the food that comes from it. Friends and family love my chow but I really don't think they care two wits about what medium it came from. If I have people over that love to cook (grill) too, they gravitate to the BGE. Otherwise, they are busy waiting for the chow and drinkin' my vino.

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,223
    I would love to use mine more but my time just doesn't allow it sometimes. It does get used every weekend for one thing or another. I do read here a lot and get interesting ideas to try on the EGG, just not enough hours in a day to do them all.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,625
    I use mine at least 5 nights a week. 

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,431
    Whenever I'm home I cook... Now, usually the entire meal. It's therapeutic... The alcohol i mean... And tthe egg is ok too.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·