Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First overnight cook

jimkdickeyjimkdickey Posts: 23
Got two bonless pork butts on large egg for overnight cook at 225. First time overnight. Hope it goes well.

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,439
    Good luck. Looking for pics in the AM.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,825
    Enjoy the ride. I remember ny first. I think I got 5 minutes of sleep that night. Best is the morning when having a cup of coffee and smelling the aroma coming out of the egg.

Love the smell of smoking on the egg in the morning

LBGE, Adjustable Rig, Spider, High-Que grate, maverick ET-732, Thermapen,

Garnerville, NY
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,830

It smells like...........................................victory!

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jaydub58 said:

It smells like...........................................victory!

<:-P </div>

Or hickory
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,489
    Good luck
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • jimkdickeyjimkdickey Posts: 23
    Well, I forgot to take pictures, but it turned out great.  I checked on it a couple of times, but was done this morning and can't wait for everyone at the party to have some.  If you haven't tried pulled pork and eggs for breakfast.  Highly recommend it.
  • shadowcastershadowcaster Posts: 561
    No pics, never happened! haha just kidding. Glad it went well for you, its always a great feeling when you open that Egg and just know that it is going to be awesome.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
  • rjfalskirjfalski Posts: 13

my first over nighter the fire went out...I started the flame back up in the am and it cooked for a total of 24hrs...i thought it was going to be jerky.....but the egg takes care of those who feed it.. came out great..