Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mold and a move.

rholt
rholt Posts: 392
Well I have been on vacation all week and when I came home I found mold all on the inside of my baby! Well I loaded her up with some lump an am now in the process of a clean burn. Once done and cooled off I will tighten all the nuts and bolts and clean her out. We are moving into the house we just built tomorrow.

Ps. I don't know why my picture is sideways.

Comments

• bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    That's a shame.  Any idea how the mold developed?  What causes that?
    Southern California
  • rholt
    Well I live in west Texas and it has been unusually rainy this summer. I left my bottom vent barely cracked to allow it to air out should more rain come but I guess it just promoted the moisture to become retained in the egg. Anywho, just finished the burn and no mold in sight. Now I gotta vaccuume and tighten bolts and away we go.
  • rholt
    My new house will have a gorgeous covered patio so I don't think this will ever happen again.
  • Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    @rholt  If you took your picture with an iphone and tried to email to yourself then it always saves and loads sideways unless you right click(command + click on mac) and save it to iphoto(or another photo editor and organizer)  When you go to choose file for the picture, go to iphoto(or other program) and select the picture and it will come out correctly.   
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Take pics with volume buttons downi
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • rholt
    Well I usually just use my iPhone so I will start taking horizontal pics to save everybody's neck in the future. And the egg is all cleaned out and ready for the move.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    We moved last month and there was a preriod of maybe 4 weeks or so my small didn't get lit and it molded. I got a good fire going and then put a fan in front of the bottom vent and let it rip!

Enjoy the new house!

XLBGE