Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Mothership

Options
Stopped by the Mothership today. Man that XXL is big.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options

What is the cost for the new XXL at the mother ship?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    They said it hasn't been priced yet and probably won't be for sale until next year.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Now don't go getting any ideas.

Run kiddo, before the Bad green egg swallows you.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• OVERULD
    OVERULD Posts: 47
    Options
    I am feeling drawn towards the Mother Ship...is that feeling normal?  

BJ
    Men of integrity expect to be believed, but when they aren't, they allow time to prove them right.
  • billsme
    billsme Posts: 42
    Options
    I am going to be in Atlanta in the near future, is it worth the visit?
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Yeah it was worth the trip although I didn't buy much. One bottle of rub and a plush BGE toy for my son. They probably don't have much more variety than most dealers. They just have alot more of each item.

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options

billsme,

It is not a big store by any means but I enjoy going to the Mothership and meeting Terry (store manger) and his crew. They are very hands on and will show you around...and sometimes they even have good stuff cooking on the grilling deck...

• 1cajuncook
    1cajuncook Posts: 37
    Options
    I live about 3 miles from the store. It's worth the trip.
    XL, large and small. Hartwell GA on beautiful Lake Hartwell.
  • billsme
    billsme Posts: 42
    Options
    Excellent, it looks like maybe a 1/2 hour from Hartsfield so might be able to work it in.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    If you start cooking that little fella in that XXL now, real low and slow....he'll be done before college tuition comes up! (just kidding gang! I dont hate children... well some of them anyway!)
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    shtgunal3,  cant believe how young you look.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I can't find there hours on the main site... :/

Nevermind - Found it on the facebook page ->https://www.facebook.com/BigGreenEgg/info

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• shtgunal3
    Options
    Thanks @chubbs . I have been trying to take care of myself. Sucks trying to get in a bar though.

• OVERULD
    OVERULD Posts: 47
    Options
    SmyrnaGA said:
    I can't find there hours on the main site... :/

Nevermind - Found it on the facebook page ->https://www.facebook.com/BigGreenEgg/info
    They are on the entrance door in the photo of the front entrance in original post.  May drop in this Saturday and part with more of my cash....this is really becoming a habit...

BJ
    Men of integrity expect to be believed, but when they aren't, they allow time to prove them right.
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    Yeah, I might also go over there Saturday and ask for a suggestion.  I picked up one of those grate/platesetter holders for my large nest.  It's riding too low.  It would have been fine if I installed the wheels on the nest, but, I had a platform built up instead to minimize the moving parts.  (Need to take picture next time)  A table was out since outdoor space is a premium in Smyrna...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    edited July 2013
    Options

I was in Wildwood for the NJ State BBQ championship a couple weeks back and the Big Green Egg rep said the XXL was currently on sale at select distributors and is priced around $1999.00. When pressed for where he could not tell me. I'm curious if anyone has any more concrete information.

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975