Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Chef's Request steaks

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,357
Local grocery store started carrying Chef's Request CAB filets. Bacon wrapped, and look like hockey pucks.  10 oz for $6.99 (2 filets), so decided to try them.  Seared on CI griddle to 135 IT.  Flavor was wonderful.  Not as tender, melt in your mouth, as some filet, but still good texture.  Family all loved the flavor.  Will do these again for sure.  Started with a Jumbo Lump Cocktail posted earlier

Will be interested to see if anyone else has tried these.

Comments

• Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 231
    It isn't as tender as some filets because it isn't filet mignon. It is usually fileted sirlion. That said for the money they aren't too bad. I liked them a lot when they were 2 for $3 or $4. :D
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,397
    Letz4wheel has this one, they are sirlion center cuts.  I agree with the OP, they are not bad for the money.

Mike 

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,357
    @Letz4wheel you are absolutely correct. I saw 'filet' and assumed tenderloin. Not so, but still a great tasting steak for not much money. I see they do make a 'tenderloin' as well, which I may try.
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 231
    I assumed the same thing lol. Overcooking is a sin with these things. The dogs can chew on them for hours. Cooked right they are a decent meal.
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,392
    ate alot of them this winter and spring, perfect when i was trying to lose weight. 1.50 a piece was nice as well and really convenient.
    :D
    i spice those up pretty heavily
    ·