Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Minimalist Chicken

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,860
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
I struggled with calling this indirect chicken, to draw folks to the first pic.  This is a fine example of using an XL strength, that is thought by a lot of folks to be a weaknesses; namely cooking area and firebox size.  I wanted to do these marinated, boneless and skinless chicken breasts indirect.  I just loaded some lump in the back of the firebox, and cooked indirect in the front.  In the last 5 minutes I put them over the heat.  I cooked a small meal on the XL and used no more lump than I would in my Small.  I also had direct and indirect in the same cook without using any stones.

Indirect at 400 for 30 minutes, and then 5 minutes direct until the internal was upper 150s.  Marinated overnight in KC Masterpiece Chipotle Lime.  Turned out a little tacky, sweet and citrus tasting.  Pic 2 is raw from the marinade. The meat was very juicy.

Simple plating with just some home pickled red cabbage and onion, and a few raw veggies.  Went lite tonight.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

Comments