Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Condensation/Egg Sweating

So far this summer in Atlanta it has been extremely hot and rainy.  It literally rains every day.   I am having an issue with condensation/sweat forming on my egg under the cover (BGE brand cover with vents).  This is causing unsightly/damaging rust to from on my bands/hardware.  Any one have any ideas/suggestions on preventing this. This is the 1st time I have ever experienced this. I have had the egg for several years.  This is my first full summer in Atlanta (july on last year), and first with the BGE brand cover. A lot of variables (weather, location, type of cover) have changed and i am not sure exactly which one is the culprit.  Has anyone experienced this? I may have to go back to my cheap Weber cover during the summer. Any help would be much appreciated.    
·

Comments

• BigSteveBigSteve Posts: 52
    I'm on the coast in Gulf Breeze, FL. No cover on my XL table a quarter mile from the salt water and have no rust after 18 months. We are a solid foot and a half over our normal rainfall to date this year also. And we are one of the wetest cities in America..
    ·
  • BigSteveBigSteve Posts: 52
    http://www.livescience.com/1558-study-reveals-top-10-wettest-cities.html
    For those who don't know Gulf Breeze is a tiny peninsula between Pensacola and Pensacola Beach.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,237
    Remove the cover. Don't use it.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    My egg is coming up on two years old. Has never been covered. No rust.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·