Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Condensation/Egg Sweating

So far this summer in Atlanta it has been extremely hot and rainy.  It literally rains every day.   I am having an issue with condensation/sweat forming on my egg under the cover (BGE brand cover with vents).  This is causing unsightly/damaging rust to from on my bands/hardware.  Any one have any ideas/suggestions on preventing this. This is the 1st time I have ever experienced this. I have had the egg for several years.  This is my first full summer in Atlanta (july on last year), and first with the BGE brand cover. A lot of variables (weather, location, type of cover) have changed and i am not sure exactly which one is the culprit.  Has anyone experienced this? I may have to go back to my cheap Weber cover during the summer. Any help would be much appreciated.    

Comments