Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gasket on top pipe?

I purchased my egg from a local dealer.  It was delivered pre-built.  Since before I received it I have been viewing videos and reading forums trying to be prepared and as knowledgeable as I could.  One thing I noticed is mine did not have a gasket on the top pipe.  The reason I even knew this was odd is looking at the video on the Big Green Egg website I noticed one of the last steps in building it was putting a small piece of gasket around that top pipe.  Is there a way to order just a small piece of gasket?  I don't need a full one.
Thanks,
Rich 
Long Island, NY
·

Comments

• I had a small piece with my most recent Egg purchase. Check back with your dealer as he may have one for you. Not sure you need it.... None of my other Eggs have it.
    2 Large Eggs and no chickens. How's that work? :)
    ·
  • RV10FlyerRV10Flyer Posts: 135
    My XL came with a small length of gasket but I haven't put it on yet. As the one above with the extremely long user name said, check with your dealer. :)) I wouldn't worry about it if you cannot easily get one. I'm sure there are hundreds of eggs without them.

North Texas

XL BGE

·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 349
    That is good to know.  I wanted to ensure it was not something that was needed.  I will check with my dealer. 
    Rich
    Long Island, NY
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 258
    No gasket on my pipe. Get some smoke out from under the daisy wheel but I dont think it affects temp control at all. Possibly I would get faster shutdown....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I think the gasket is really intended to prevent the ceramic top and DFMT from falling off.  Depending on how far your hinge opens, they can fall off.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·