Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

a daisy top for a small yes or no?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Being the proud new owner of a small BGE as a sibling to his big brother I wonder if a daisy wheel is a necessity as I "think" I'll be using the small for searing etc and quick cooks...and can at least control the temp with vent and a cocked rain top. Am I right or wrong? Any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated. ^oo^~

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    one feral kat,[p]I don't use the daisy on the small unless I want to keep the dome temp below 250. You don't need it for searing.[p]I LOVE the small Egg - wish I'd bought one earlier. [p]one domesticated cat ;-}

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    one feral kat, And the other Cat may soon agree, "no" not needed for high temps..and a inverted flower pot may do the job for low and slow..even if Cat use's nothing at all. :-)
    Cheers..C~W

• Cat
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Whoa...13 seconds! Bet that's a Forum record for simultaneous postings.[p]Cat
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    one feral kat,
    Yes, I would get the daisy wheel for the Small. I do not know what I would do without it.
    I actually wish that they made a true slide top for the small.[p]Happy Grilling,
    RhumAndJerk

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    one feral kat,[p]I use the daisy on my Small for low and slow and also for 300-400. From what I hear from the likes of Cat and CW, one can control temps above 250 with no top at all (I've never tried since I started out using the daisy and I'm a creature of habit) so if you never wish to cook below 250, you probably don't need it. I still say get it - we all need toys.[p]Cornfed
  • Cat
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Well, there is that...I got the combo slide/mini for my small just because it's so CUTE! (Maybe it's a girl thing.)[p]Cathy
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Cat, NB and I were within 5 seconds one day! Any closer and we would ricochet!! :-)
    C~W....