Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What size do I get?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does the medium cook any differently than a small?
I like the size and cost of the smaller one and will cook for mostly 1 or 2 people[p]Many thanks

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Larry,
    All the different sizes cook almost identically, as in good.[p]It comes down to grid size.[p]The thing you should ask yourslef is, will you always only be cooking for just 1 or 2 folks? Do you have groups that you cook for on ocassion? How abolut holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas or the summer hoildays?[p]If you can swing it budget wise, I'd go for a large just because you never know when you'll need a little more room. This will become apparent especially after word gets out about how good the food is and peopl start showing up with meat for you to cook...lol.[p]You'll be happy with the cooking performance of all the different sizes no matter which one you decide upon.[p]HTH

• OctoberGlory
    Options
    If portability of your egg is important go will the Small. If that’s not an issue I'd go with the Medium.

I cook for 2 on a Large 80% of the time (20% on my Small) and it's nice to cook extra for leftovers. My Small can get crowed pretty darn quickly.

Also if you got friends or family over you'll really appreciate having the larger grill surface you get with the Medium.

OctoberGlory
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Larry,
    I would definitely get the largest size you can fit into your budget. The small, while just as great a cooker as the other sizes, doesn't have some of the accessory options as the larger sizes such as plate setter, grid extender, and egg mates.

• Larry,
    I agree with egret and Bobby-Q. Once people start using an
    egg they usually want to try more and often larger cuts of
    meat than they originally planned.
    The medium will fit a good sized but or pork loin much better than the small and I often feel the urge to cook for
    friends.
    My biggest complaint from egg owners at the store is that
    they wished they had gotten a larger one.
    You will save money by buying the larger one now rather than
    buying a second one later.
    Grillnut