Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Birthday Brisket - with pics

Options
I got the honor of making my own birthday feast this weekend. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I tackled another brisket. This was my fourth attempt and again I am pretty happy. It was a 9lb packer after trimming. I stayed with strictly salt and pepper. Smoked at 225-250 for 15 hours. Started checking tenderness at 190 and pulled at 201. No foil until cooler time. Rested for 2 hours before slicing. I made a few errors in slicing this time. Still working on technique for that. I also made baked beans and grilled veggies but didn't get pictures. Beans were Bush's original with Stubb's Spicy BBQ sauce and black pepper with leftover pork butt from a few weeks ago. Veggies were green pepper, yellow pepper, onions, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini and squash coated in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. The Mrs. ordered an ice cream cake or I would have made the CI skillet chocolate chip cookie and had the complete meal from the Egg. It was a great day with family indeed! Oh and please don't tell @Cen-Tex I didn't use oak. I don't have a good excuse. Just didn't have any and was only home a short period of time to enjoy with the family so didn't want take time to find a source. Haven't had much luck so far locally. So regrettably, hickory was used. But we were able to choke it down ok.
LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
Columbus IN

Comments