Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First picture- stuffed squash

Still new to the forum. Today made some beef ribs marinated in soy sauce, pineapple juice, onion, garlic, siracha. Also some cream cheese and chorizo stuffed peppers. Thought I'd try to share first picture as well. Neighbor dropped off zucchini and summer squash. Seeded them and stuffed with a stuffing made of leftovers in the fridge ( don't tell anyone) . Sausage, ground beef, celery, onion, bread, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and butter and a few eggs to hold it together. Thanks for checking it out!
image.jpg 2.3M

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,691
    That looks great man. Will try that this week.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,574
    Look's great! Will put on my long list to try.

Boerne, TX

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,267
    They look tasty... I know the stuffing is good, how was the squash?
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,327
    Great way to clear out leftovers!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • oh man..I'm totally trying this...we have so much extra yellow and green zucchini coming out of our garden we don't know what to do with it
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • Never in a million years would I have thought of making something like that. That looks really tasty and low carb.

• GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
    That looks great.  Vegetables are definitely something that I need to do more.  Especially if they are stuffed full of meat.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Well played! Welcome to posting on the forum, keep it up.
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,290
    Looks good, nothing like fresh from the garden veggies. SWMBO likes squash. I always seem to overcook the zukes if done with a summer so I do them in different cooks. The zukes are good split lengthwise and grilled direct with oil and garlic butter. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    @Skiddymarker I just tried them in a foil pouch chopped up with some S & P and a pat of butter and tossed them on the egg for 15 minutes, delicious.
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • TamaleTimTamaleTim Posts: 24
    Hapster- all the squash varieties turned out great. After seeding them, the "walls" of the veggies were all pretty close in thickness. I was able to pull them all off at the same time, as soon as they were fork tender. Glad the idea was helpful, hope everyone has success if they try it!