Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new lump

Options

I stopped by my local ACE hardware, to get some lump.

They had a brand named Kamado Joe.

I bought a bag. Not bad. One piece was as big as my forearm.

anyone else ever use it.

Snellville,Ga.

Comments

• GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    Options
    Kamado Joe is also a brand of Kamado grill which is very similar to the Egg.  I haven't used any of their products, but I haven't heard anything but good things about them.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    I bought the ace brand, normally buy Wicked Good. I really liked it, wish it was a tad cheaper though.
  • Arbucklej
    Arbucklej Posts: 90
    Options
    it is the ace replacement to wicked good...i have only tried one bag but i was happy with it
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    We ordered some Wicked about 6 months ago and I was told my contact that they will ship to any Ace Hardware for you for free.  I'm not sure if that is the case or not since Ace may have their own. 
  • EazyE
    EazyE Posts: 67
    Options
    I have been using it for a while now and have been really happy with it as well. Huge pieces, and it burns for ever. I am certain that is the lump that Naked whiz is showing in his thread/opinion poll. It appears the majority doesnt like large pieces, but I love them for low and slows.