Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lets see your set- up (pics)

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    My humble set up.  No mocking the gasser, please.

imageimage
    You mean don't mock the coffin?  I have one too. :)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Fouker187
    Fouker187 Posts: 48
    edited June 2013

I can't compete with some of the setups here but I built her with my bare hands, well I had gloves on, but my hands were bare under there.

• Fouker187
    edited June 2013
    well that didn't work like I wanted.  how is one supposed to post pictures?  As you can see copy and paste was a bust.
  • Fouker187
    edited June 2013

Figured it out 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    try the "Attach a File" link below the posting box.  You can cut and paste some images, depends on the source.
    Here's our setup.  Our house is a couple of blocks from the beach, and is located on canals that lead to back bays where we go fishing, crabbing and tubing.

• EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Kosko - LOVE the two-tone effect on the table. What can you tell me about it...is the top walnut, or some similar dark colored wood, or is it a dark stain?
  • Ospreydog
    Ospreydog Posts: 103
    Just simple but a lot of good times out here, I took this pic before I built my table.
  • Mkline
    Mkline Posts: 180
    My setup is pretty mobile so that I can stow the in the garage. The only thing the pic is lacking is the new addition of the second mini.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255

My 'set-up' has evolved over 14 years to become this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hA2tZmO2Q

It's a fun place.

Spring "A Chicken Without A Coop Is Like A King Without A Castle" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    I am jealous of your setups. I have mine on my raised wooden deck and while it is close to the kitchen I am not at ease with it. I also have a problem with too many eggcessories. I have no where to store them. I am guessing a 4ft long cabinet with a stone counter would cost ~$4-5,000 to have built. His is my main proble with the Egg. It's a great cooker but too many pieces to make it modular for different cooks and I have way too much stuffs yin around all over the place. Allot of it is prabably getting ruined by being thrown around and left out in the elements. Looks like the HOOD around my egg.

Garnerville, NY
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Wow!  There are some nice set ups out there.  Mine is pretty basic, just some eggs on a deck.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • robnybbq
    Bowhunr. That looks clean. Do you have allot of accessories? Like Adjustable rig, multiple ceramic stones, multiple grates, spider, wok, utensils, cast iron pans for example? The stuff I have would not fit in the stainless table you have.

Garnerville, NY
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500

Morning All:

Still having issues with posting pics, but trying again...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/jct1013/Outdoor%20Kitchen/P4050902.jpg

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    robnybbq said:

I am jealous of your setups. I have mine on my raised wooden deck and whileu it is close to the kitchen I am not at ease with it. I also have a problem with too many eggcessories. I have no where to store them. I am guessing a 4ft long cabinet with a stone counter would cost ~$4-5,000 to have built. His is my main proble with the Egg. It's a great cooker but too many pieces to make it modular for different cooks and I have way too much stuffs yin around all over the place. Allot of it is prabably getting ruined by being thrown around and left out in the elements. Looks like the HOOD around my egg.

You could build something really nice for a whole lot less than 5k
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    heres mine with the pit bull pit master 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • JGoodson
    JGoodson Posts: 55
    Basic pic of my smoker! Boy do some of these set ups make me jealous.
    bge.jpg 164.2K
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
  • robnybbq
    edited July 2013
    henapple said:

robnybbq said:

I am jealous of your setups. I have mine on my raised wooden deck and whileu it is close to the kitchen I am not at ease with it. I also have a problem with too many eggcessories. I have no where to store them. I am guessing a 4ft long cabinet with a stone counter would cost ~$4-5,000 to have built. His is my main proble with the Egg. It's a great cooker but too many pieces to make it modular for different cooks and I have way too much stuffs yin around all over the place. Allot of it is prabably getting ruined by being thrown around and left out in the elements. Looks like the HOOD around my egg.

How? The stone alone for the countwr will be a few thousand at least. Add a carpenter/mason to build a cabinet/storage and cover it in somehing waterproof it has to be at least that much. If not show me how. And make it last in he Northeast.

Remember I am in NY - home of pay 5 times as much for everything.

Garnerville, NY
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited July 2013

My XL resting in the back yard...
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    robnybbq said:

henapple said:

How? The stone alone for the countwr will be a few thousand at least. Add a carpenter/mason to build a cabinet/storage and cover it in somehing waterproof it has to be at least that much. If not show me how. And make it last in he Northeast.

I'd love to have a $65k truck but drive a $43k model. It can be done. No building skills? Where are you located?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    I have an idea, lets see who is the most jealous of all these beautiful tables, I am quite confident that would win. Holy **** you guys have beautiful setups. Sorry for complaining, just PURE jealously. 
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • mokadir
    mokadir Posts: 115
    edited July 2013
    Spent a few years getting this altogether. Here's looking out kitchen window. Just finished a couple cedar plank salmon in the pouring rain. Prior years I would be soaking wet or dinner would have been cooked in oven.
    Delaware Valley, PA Large BGE, CGS adjustable rig, iQue110, High-Que grate
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    here's mine, not as nice as some of you guy"s but I built it and it works.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

I was doing a little stir fry tonight and remembered this thread has surfaced again. I should've cleaned up the table a bit but the fire was hot and I was hungry.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    bigguy136 said:

I was doing a little stir fry tonight and remembered this thread has surfaced again. I should've cleaned up the table a bit but the fire was hot and I was hungry.

Dude, that is the coolest set up I've ever seen.  Looks like it's on a side trail in a state park. 
  • johnnyspo
    johnnyspo Posts: 12
    edited July 2013

My XL resting in the back yard...
    Sweet setup (and MisterM's too)!  I am looking to create a nest similar to yours along with a working surface next to the nest.  Looks like you used wall block (EP Henry in my next of the woods), which is what I'll be using. 

How did you support the slab that the egg is sitting on?  I don't want my slab failing over time.  Do you have any worries over the egg tipping forward?

--John
  • robnybbq
    edited July 2013
    henapple said:

robnybbq said:

henapple said:

I'd love to have a $65k truck but drive a $43k model. It can be done. No building skills? Where are you located?
    My point exactly an that's why here is egg junk all over the place. Not allot of building skills but some. I am in ny just north of the city.

I would need something about 4ft x 2ft I am guessing to hold all the stuff. I don't want it to hold the egg, just cabinets and a surface to prepare food on and to rest a hot grate or stone on when i take it of the grill. Since its outdoors uncovered wood will not last. It also has to be light since its on a second floor deck. So full stone will not work.

My idea would be for it to be stone covered wih some sort of stone top (granite or slate maybe). This is to make it waterproof amd not rot. Thinking more granite type as it will clean easy unlike the porous slate. Cabinet doors I have seen are ~$500 each and I would a bunch of them. Then add the stone, structure, and the top and that's adds up.

I looked at the premade carts (challenger/outdoor kitchen design) and they will not hold all the stuff and they are ~$2,500 each.

Garnerville, NY