Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Use for old fire ring

GQuizGQuiz Posts: 684
Cracked my fire ring on a cleaning burn Memorial Day. Talked to my dealer, sent a picture, and they took care of it. So I picked up my new ring Friday. I took them the old one. They didn't want it. Any suggestions for what I should do with it?

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
·

Comments

• NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Keep it!  You can stack it on your other fire ring when you want a raised grid.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Use the old one until it's not usable. Then put the new one in.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 638
    use JBWeld to "glue" it back together.. JB is a very high temp glue that can (as I have seen from other posts here) be used to repair it and use it raise the grid. etc...
    ·
  • smokeyjsmokeyj Posts: 259
    I use mine to bank my coals in my weber kettle.
    ·
  • I'm still using my cracked one.  New one is in a box in the garage until it's needed.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 977
    took mine to the curb,  it was gone before the trashmen showed up. 
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,658

Use the old one until it's not usable. Then put the new one in.

This... Still using my cracked mini base until it fails totally. Them I will swap out....heck I'm not against buying parts for it if they come available.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 684
    Already got the new one in. Will keep the cracked one for raised raised direct. Heck, I asked SWMBO if she wanted it for a planter. ;)

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·