Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chef Rusty Hamlin's Chorizo Beer Can, Spatchcock For Botch

Ok, so I gave it a shot, but instead of beer can I went spatchcock and I blended and injected the liquid recipe.  But I also put a healthy portion of chorizo under the skin of the breast.  I put the remainder of the beer concoction into the drip pan.  Cooked indirect @ 300f dome until 165f breast.  All I can say is wow, such a great recipe. Came out juicy and GREAT flavor! @chefrustyhamlin. ;

·

Comments

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,315
    That looks deliciously awesome
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,953
    Cool recipe, board, and knife. Like the bird too.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,064
    Thanks!  I see you remembered to remove the backbone on your spatchcock, which I didn't...  :\">

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • I'm not gonna lie, this one is juicy as hell. I just went back and made a chicken sandwich out of some leftover breast meat and it's still juicy after sitting in the fridge for a few hours. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,083
    Stupid question... Do you leave the chorizo while eating?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • GalanteNate_OneEaGalanteNate_OneEa Posts: 612
    edited July 2013
    Leave it up to the guest
    ·
  • I serve it in but I don't eat it. I figure I've already turned the most healthiest part of the chicken into a heart attack waiting to happen but I'm sure someone will eat it.
    ·