Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

about the color of Rutland

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
Not to beat a dead horse, but this is a brand new 157 foot reel of Rutlands  5/8" black gasket which is the same gasket sold as a "95-6" in 7 foot lengths. Notice the comparison to my black iPad case. What appears as black to some folks, others will call it gray or silver which is closer to the actual shade of "blackness"!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Hey @RRP, thanks again for all the info you provide to us. I wanted to let you know the link above seems to be broken. 

Just ordered all the stuff (aside from the gasket) I'll need to install the Rutland on my XL. Got it all through Amazon prime, should be sweet.

Cheers
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • RRP
    I just packaged your gasket for shipping in the morning. BTW can you help me to post that picture? I added the IMG like on other forums, but it didn't embed here. Also are you saying that you can't click on that link to see it either? And lastly can a person edit a post here after it has been posted?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Picture worked for me.  Just took a while to load.
    Thanks again, that's awesome. 

Still can't see the pic, and the photo bucket link tosses an error. 

I always just use the attach a file link below, and it seems to work.

I think posts can be edited by the poster for up to one hour after posting. There's a little wheel like icon that will appear above and to the right of editable posts.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Pic opened fine here.

Ron rocks with his dedication to seeing eggers have good gaskets! 

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    @ RRP, I agree with jaydub58. Thanks for your help and assistance. My weekend project of installing a new Rutland on my large has stalled. Gasket arrived, but i am waiting on the adhesive, grinding wheel and pumice stone to arrive, ups says Monday. Large Egg is disassembled and much of the old gasket is removed, well, as much as I could get off with a paint scraper. Dome is upside down sitting in the base, waiting to be reassembled.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    RRP posted it for you

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• nolaegghead
    I wish they'd make it in pink to match my hello kitty thermapen.
    Ron, you can edit a post for 60 minutes after you post it, but then you are out of luck.

The Naked Whiz
  • RRP
    Thanks Doug...now tell me how to insert my pictures since including the IMG in the body didn't work.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited July 2013
    Ron, at the bottom of the text box of your new post, there's a box labeled "Attach a File". Click that and then click "Choose File". The pic you want to post has to be on your computer (no PB required). At least that's the only way I know of. Find the pic, choose it and a thumbnail image will appear below your text box.

Hover over the pic and click Insert Image. Then, hover again and select Delete. The delete step just deletes the thumbnail, leaving the full size image only.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    for pbucket, click on the " insert image" icon and copy paste the direct link in pbucket to it, not the img link. depending on post or reply the icon moves around. rerplying its right under your handle first icon second row
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    Ron, check your inbox on this forum.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I figured there was a way. :) I don't use PB and haven't bothered to try it with Flickr.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    Ron, check your inbox on this forum.
    I replied via email last night but apparently you didn't get it. However I have just replied to your query here and it looks like it went through.
  • RRP
    edited July 2013
    gettin there is half the fun! Thanks folks!
  • RRP
  • nolaegghead
    works