Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib cook...forgot to remove membrane

Im two hours in to a low and slow on my ribs. I forgot to remove the membrane...Anything I can do and or any chance Hormel remove the membrane?

Comments

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,378
    My Dad never removed the membrane, and until someone here taught me to do it on room-temp ribs (not refrigerator-cold) if I found a particularly stubborn one, I left it on too.  
    "Hormel"?  (I'll assume that's a tablet issue) 
    :D

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
    Don't worry about it.  I forget from time to time.  You may not even notice it when you are eating them.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,390
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Tbonez3858Tbonez3858 Posts: 61
    Thanks guys! I will cross my fingers. The ribs were given to me so that's why Hormel is on the egg.
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I don't even bother any more. I kinda like it actually.
    Dunedin, FL
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,342
    Hormel makes ribs??

Plenty of people never heard of removing membrane and make good ribs. I try to do it now, but it's not the end of the world.

XLBGE 
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 236
    What is wrong with hormel?
    Southern Indiana
  • Tbonez3858Tbonez3858 Posts: 61
    Yes...my mother in law knows I will throwing anything that has hoofs or paws on the egg. She is always picking up stuff for me. They had Hormel ribs on sale for 2.99 a pound so she grabbed me 3 racks. In as much as they may not be butcher quality I'm a lucky guy to have free meat show up to my door.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,342

What is wrong with hormel?

Just didn't know they had ribs bud

XLBGE 
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,785

Hormel makes ribs??
    No, pigs make ribs!     

:D
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 236
    Ahhhh ok, I thought I was going to learn something insightful :)
    Southern Indiana