Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My beer can buddy, all dressed up and nowhere to go

Options

After I took this picture, I thought it was funny looking so I'm posting it.  All the chicken needed was a tie to complete his outfit. I was not trying to make a funny picture. This was just my attempt at putting rub under the skin. Couldn't find an apple so used an onion. Enjoy your cookouts today, guys.

People say that Television is bad for you.  It's that bloody Fridge, that's killing me.

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    @hotwheels, if that worked for you then great. For what it's worth, I generally put rub under the skin too. I find that you can carefully separate the skin from the meat by just gently pushing your fingers from the neck end of the bird and at the base of the thighs. If you're careful, you can get rub all under the skin without tearing it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    High fashion for the poultry set, cool. Thanks for sharing, I needed a smile this morning...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

@hotwheels, if that worked for you then great. For what it's worth, I generally put rub under the skin too. I find that you can carefully separate the skin from the meat by just gently pushing your fingers from the neck end of the bird and at the base of the thighs. If you're careful, you can get rub all under the skin without tearing it.

My hands are too big & clumsy because I tear the skin when I try that. Rub on the skin for me!
    Flint, Michigan
  • hotwheels
    hotwheels Posts: 73
    Options

On the next chicken I worked a spoon between the skin and meat, poured in rub, and worked rub around. I felt i left the chicken with a little dignity this time. :-)

People say that Television is bad for you.  It's that bloody Fridge, that's killing me.