Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This forum is evil!

So I was on the forum last night just before bed reading about some amazing cooks and ideas... Needless to say I dream't about Egging. Got up early and decided I had to cook something (could not wait for lunch!) - ended up making some sort of egg casserole thingie.
Details:
Fired up Egg, put on dutch oven with a bit of coconut oil. Added some garlic and spanish oinion till it browned, then chopped tomatoes. Beat 15 eggs with salt, pepper, green seasoning, Angostura bitters, shadow benny pepper sauce, bacon from yesterday, some grated old cheddar cheese and some Shitako mushrooms. Added to dutch oven, when it was almost done added a layer of grated old cheddar cheese...
Delightful!

Thanks you all for making me an eggaddict.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    This forum is fattening...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
     Thanks you all for making me an eggaddict.
    Yer' welcome! And yes, the forum is fattening.

I got my first Egg before finding the forum. After finding it, I spent the next 4 - 5 months downloading pics of everything people were making. Gained at least 4 pounds just looking at all the delicious food.
  • For me, it's not the food that's been putting the weight on - it's the connection between Egging and drinking...

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Hey hey hey. - I beg to differ. It was making me fatter but now I am losing weight using the egg more that the stove/indoor cooks. Down 22 lbs in 5 weeks.

Egg up!!!!!

Garnerville, NY
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    However his forum will make you broke.

Garnerville, NY
  • I don't mind putting on weight, it is the loss of my normal decadent dreams... Not going into details about that. How many people dream of bloody egging?
    Is this normal?
    Perhaps I need professional help or an Egg Intervention.
  • Owning an egg is like owning a firearm. Both are expensive to buy and so are the accessories. Ammo is expensive like lump and meat. Like a firearm, you must use it wisely. If all you ate are the fattening things while sitting on your butt swilling booze, that would be unwise just like looking down a gun barrel to see if its loaded.

Being smart with a firearm and what you cook with your egg and you will be around to enjoy both for many years!
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Fred-that is too much for me to digest on a Sunday afternoon...so I will default to another beer :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.