Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I used my new grid extender!!

I'm pretty eggcited!  I got to use my new grid extender.  I was able to cook 21 chicken legs and some corn all at the same time.  So dinner was BBQ Chicken legs with some grilled corn salad.  YUM!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Great looking cook. Glad you enjoyed your extender.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Nice cook @fiver29, that grilled corn salad looks awesome.

Cilantro, cherry tomatoes, and avocado?
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Yes! It was great.
    Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,185
    Nice cook. Is your egg blue?
  • fiver29
    @cookingdude555 yes. It's blue.
    Strongsville, Ohio

• fiver29
    Black_Badger  I was on my cell phone last night.  Here's the recipe for the grilled corn salad:

4 ears sweet corn
    kosher salt
    1 anchovy, minced (I omitted this ingredient)
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, minced
    grated zest and juice of 3 limes
    1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled and diced
    1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
    6 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
    3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1.  Soak the ears of corn in their husks overnight in salt water.  (I omitted this step.  I didn't think it was necessary as my corn husks were very wet as is.)
    2.  Heat the Egg to 350
    3.  Put the corn on the grill using an indirect setup and close the lid.  Flip after 15 minutes.  Cook another 15 minutes and remove corn using grill mitts.  
    4.  While corn is grilling, in a large bowl, combine the anchovy, garlic, jalapeno, and a large pinch of salt.  Add the lime zest and juice and whisk in the olive oil.  Add the avocado, tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro and gently toss.
    5.  Let the corn cool until you can handle it.  Peel off and discard the husks.  Working over the salad bowl to catch any juices, cut the kernels from the cobs and then add them to the salad.  Toss to combine and taste and adjust for seasoning.  You many need to add some additional salt.

*recipe adapted from Carnivore cookbook for the Big Green Egg
    Strongsville, Ohio

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    That's great dude, thank you. Bookmarked!

Great looking side.
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI