Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Calamari Steaks and Grilled Acocado

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
Got two calamari steaks from HEB, rubbed with EVOO, salt and pepper and cooked raised direct 450 grate for two minutes per side. Tender and tasty.

The hit was the grilled avocado. Halved avocados and lemons and cooked raised direct about 2-3 minutes. Removed from grill, drizzled EVOO, salt, pepper, juice from grilled lemon, toasted pine nuts, cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs: oregano, basil and chives. Man was this good!!
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 2.1M
image.jpg 1.6M
image.jpg 1.8M
image.jpg 2.1M
·

Comments

• EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    Those avocados sound amazing!  
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • RV10FlyerRV10Flyer Posts: 135
    Awesome, thanks for the avocado idea!

North Texas

XL BGE

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,384
    I've done avocado, but never face down.  Got to try that.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,210
    I've had calamari steak only once, it was at the seafood restaurant on the end of the main pier in Monterey.  Very, very tasty!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Gonna have to try the avocados. The egg IS versatile.
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,656
    Love the avocado. Did you remove the skin after grilling?

The avocados would be right up my wife's alley. Just curious on how much of the smoke you could taste? I am thinking that would also be good in avocado salsa that we make

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    @Paqman - no, I left in the skin and served with a spoon to scoop out. Heating made them nice and soft. @Mattman3969 - they cook so quickly they don't pick up a smoke flavor, but they are warm and creamy and you can tell they've been grilled.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • Drewdlc17Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    Showed the wife the grilled avocados. Looks like we will try it tomorrow.
    ·