Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

preheating plate setter

I am cooking burgers this evening and want to out a pie on when the burgers are done. I am thinking I will preheat my plate setter in my weber and then put it in the egg when the burgers come off. Am I overlooking any flaws in this plan? Thanks!
When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!
·

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,401
    Sounds like a plan. I use the gasser to preheat Dutch Oven all the time.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    How far will you have to travel with it?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • 2 feet
    When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Should be quick and easy!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • Is the weber a kettle? I would cook the burgers on that and just do pizza on the egg.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,697
    I don't think you need to pre-heat it. finish the burgers and then crank her open, drop in the setter and in <10 minutes you will be good to go. The setter will be hot before the pizza stone is, if that's what you meant by pie. If you are baking, raise the pie pan off the setter a bit and the dome temp will be good. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • I used the Weber to preheat. Worked fine. I wasn't worried about the plate setter temp per se. I just didn't want to crack it. Thanks all!
    ·