Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

(OT) Trip to Trinidad

Options
Just got back from a Trip to Trinidad - lots of sun, sand and rum...

I was also pleasantly surprised when I went to a friend's home for dinner and he did chicken and red snapper on a LBGE!
The chicken was good, but the fish was incredible!

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Beautiful! Beach and the bird!
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Boy, that sure looks nice. I'm sure plenty of us are jealous (in a good way...).
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I am super jealous. I'm really into Trini food and would love to visit sometime.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Trini_in_Ottawa
    Options
    It was a great trip - took the opportunity to stock up on a ton of spices and local hand me down recipes.
    Caliking there are good number of recipes online if you can get right type of spices. The secret ingredient to most Trini recipes is "Angostura Bitters" - I brought back 4 large bottles with me :)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I've made buss up shut before, rice and peas, goat curry and think I've come pretty close with them :) I'm Indian so a lot of the flavors are similar. Haven't found shadow beni here yet, but I'll remember the tip about bitters. Thanks!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Trini_in_Ottawa
    Options
    caliking said:

I've made buss up shut before, rice and peas, goat curry and think I've come pretty close with them :) I'm Indian so a lot of the flavors are similar. Haven't found shadow beni here yet, but I'll remember the tip about bitters. Thanks!

No problem. What I have found is that the curry powder and spices from Trinidad are different than the ones I find here, so as much as possible I use Trini spices when I am trying to re-create recipes from there.
    I am going to try and make buss up shut on my egg soon :)