Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turbo Ribs

I remember seeing something on Turbo Ribs here a while ago.

Can you help me with your ideas and insight?

Thanks
·

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,482

@Mickey is the expert, but if I remember correctly it goes something like this:

Get egg to 350 degrees.  Rub ribs and put them on.  Cook for 1 hour and 40 minutes.  Glaze ribs with sauce.  Cook for 20 more minutes.  Eat great ribs.

I've done them this way once.  I couldn't tell a difference in the final product between this and a lower and slower cook. 

Good luck.  Let us know how it goes.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • This is what I do and anyone who has had my ribs rave about how good they are.  I do not like falling off the bone tender.  Works with spares or BB's.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1144307/my-turbo-ribs-tonight#latest

These are some back Loin ribs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 260
    Thanks 

Just put them on.  I had enough time to do low and slow but I wanted to try the turbo method.
    Wish me luck
    ·
    @Dave in Florida, I should have remembered that you also have contributed some good info about higher temp rib cooks. My apologies. I guess I just block you out because my mom is a Seminole so I was raised in a household that appropriately recognized all Gator fans as lowlife scum. :))

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
    @Dan4BBQ, let us know how it goes. Post pics!

San Antonio, TX

·
    I did smoke for 2 hours at 350 turning once.  Foiled them with apple juice for 1 hour piled on the rib rack. Lastly, I put sauce on and served great fall off the bone ribs.  Too many helpers to entertain so I forgot about the pictures.

Thanks for all of your help.

Dan
    ·
  • mokadirmokadir Posts: 114
    So, what was the verdict? Were they good?
    Delaware Valley, PA Large BGE, CGS adjustable rig, iQue110, High-Que grate
    ·
    They were good as usual and saved me 3 hours.  It did use a lot more coal.  I had to add coal to do the chicken breasts.  Next time I'll just start with more coal--I thought that I had plenty.

Thanks 
    ·
    Strong work. Glad you enjoyed it.

San Antonio, TX

·